- GWS is hiring an Assistant Professor!
Application must be received by: November 24, 2016
For information about the position and how to apply, click here.
- Looking to declare a major or certificate? Click here to make an appointment with the undergraduate advisor, Nina Valeo Cooke, or learn how to declare the Gender & Women's Studies certificate online!
- We encourage you to help maintain women's health as central to the teaching and research mission of our department by making a donation to the Leavitt/Whatley/Worcester Fund that honors Judith Walzer Leavitt, Mariamne Henken Whatley, and Nancy Worcester, all professors emeritae of the Department of Gender and Women’s Studies.
- CRGW Bulletin of gender-related events and opportunities
- Janet Hyde has won the prestigious Ernest R. Hilgard Award. This well-deserved honor recognizes Janet's lifetime contributions to the broad field of Psychology.
- University of Wisconsin has been identified as having one of the best deals for LGBTQ studies in our recent ranking.
- An international team of experienced researchers, coordinated by Aili Mari Tripp, will examine Women and Peacebuilding in Africa, supported by $961,600 grant from the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Registration is now open for the Wisconsin Symposium on Feminist Biology on Friday, October 7, 2016
- The 2016 faculty awardee in the academic advising is Myra Marx Ferree, professor of sociology and gender and women's studies, for her support of many minority and first-generation graduate students. She is a community builder, and a central figure with “Femsem,” a collaborative and supportive network of feminist scholars on campus.