- October 23-24, 2015, GWS turns 40!
In 2015 Gender & Women’s Studies at University of Wisconsin-Madison turns 40 and we would like to take this opportunity to pause and reflect on our history, our present, and our future. We have much to celebrate and much to think through for the years to come, and we hope you will join us to share this exciting moment. Registration now open!
- The Department of Gender and Women’s Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is looking to hire a Visiting Assistant Professor for the academic year 2015-2016 in Gender and Disability. For more information click here.
- Looking to declare a major or certificate? Click here to make an appointment with the undergraduate advisor, Nina Valeo Cooke.
- We encourage you to help maintain women's health as central to the teaching and research mission of our department by making a donation to the Leavitt/Whatley/Worcester Fund that honors Judith Walzer Leavitt, Mariamne Henken Whatley, and Nancy Worcester, all professors emeritae of the Department of Gender and Women’s Studies.
- Janet Hyde, Director of the UW-Madison's Center for Research on Gender and Women, joined Ben Barres, chair of neurobiology at Stanford University, Catherine Dulac of Harvard University, Melissa Hines of University of Cambridge, and Norman Spack of Boston Children’s Hospital to discuss gender identity as part of a series with Nobel Prize winner Eric Kandel on the brain on the Charlie Rose show. Here is a link to that episode.
- CRGW Bulletin of gender-related events and opportunities